The Materials Research Center (MRC) was established in 2011 and consists of 4 groups, including the Materials Irradiation Effect Group, the Nanomaterials Group, the Energy Materials Group and the Heavy Ion Microbeam Technology and Application Group. The main research interests of MRC focus on the irradiation effects in metals, semiconductors and polymers as well as in electronic devices.
MRC has unique research platforms based on the Heavy Ion Research Facility in Lanzhou (HIRFL) with energies from MeV/u to GeV/u, and ion types from C to Bi ions. Six experimental terminals have been established, including T1, TR0, TR3, TR5, TR6 and HERE.
There are 34 researchers in the Materials Research Center, including 8 professors, 13 associate professors, 11 assistant professors and 2 research assistants. Additionally, 2 postdoctoral students, and more than 20 graduate students are studying in MRS right now.
1. Materials irradiation effect
2. Single event effect of electronic devices
3. Irradiation experiment technique
4. Nuclear track membrane
5. Ion beam-based nano materials
6. Evaluation methodology and radiation damage of structural materials candidate to advanced nuclear reactors
7. Microbeam/Nanobeam Technology
8. Ion-Beam Material Physics / Radiation Physics
9. Ion-Beam Biophysics
Prof. LIU Jie
Mailing Address: 509 Nanchang Road, Lanzhou, 730000, China