The Nanomaterials Group conducts fundamental and applied nanomaterials research for basic condensed matter physics, materials physics and chemistry, a variety of applied technologies, including ion-matter interaction at the nanoscale, physicochemical properties of designed nanostructures, responses of nanomaterials to ion irradiation, ion beam modification of nanomaterials, ion-track to nanochannel transformation mechanism, matter transportation in nanoconfined space, applications of designed nanomaterials.
Basic and applied research programs are focused on the thrust areas of:
1. Theory and modeling at multiple scales
2. Design and fabrication of emerging nanostructures and functional nanomaterials
3. Optical and mechanical nanomaterials
4. Modification of nanomaterials by energetic ions
5. Structural and physical characterization
6. Applied nanomaterials and technologies for precise separation, energy harvesting and/or storage, light management, catalysis, and others.
1. X. Qi, X. Wang, Y. Dong, J. Xie, X. Gui, J. Bai, J. Duan, J. Liu, H. Yao, Fast synthesis of gold nanostar SERS substrates based on ion-track etched membrane by one-step redox reaction, Spectrochimica acta. Part A: Molecular and biomolecular spectroscopy, 2022, 272, 120955.
2. S. Wu, Y. Cheng, J. Ma, Q. Huang, Y. Dong, J. Duan, D. Mo, Y. Sun, J. Liu, H. Yao, Preparation and ion separation properties of sub-nanoporous PES membrane with high chemical resistance, Journal of Membrane Science, 2021, 635, 119467.
3. R. Huang, J. Zhang, F. Xu, J. Liu, H. Yao, Y. Chen, J. Duan, Ion track-based nanowire arrays with gradient and programmable diameters towards rational light management, Chinese Physics B, 2021, 30, 086105.
4. Y. Cheng, Y. Dong, Q. Huang, K. Huang, S. Lyu, Y. Chen, J. Duan, D. Mo, Y. Sun, J. Liu, Y. Peng, H. Yao, Ionic transport and sieving properties of sub-nanoporous polymer membranes with tunable channel size, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2021, 13, 9015.
5. W. Zhang, J. Zhang, P. Wu, G. Chai, R. Huang, F. Ma, F. Xu, H. Cheng, Y. Chen, X. Ni, L. Qiao, J. Duan, Parallel aligned nickel nanocone arrays for multiband microwave absorption, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2020, 12, 23340.
6. Z. Zhao, G. Xu, J. Zhang, Y. Zhang, J. Liu, S. Lyu, H. Cheng, D. Lei, J. Duan, Merging individual metal nanostructures into a superstructure for plasmon mode hybridization and electric-field nanofocusing, Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2020, 8, 9293.
7. F. Xu, Z. Liu, R. Huang, J. Zhang, J. Liu, Z. Hu, J. Ma, H. Yao, Y. Sun, Y. Chen, S. Zhang, D. Mo; J. Duan, Precisely determined water permeabilities of sub-100 nm nanochannels, Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2020, 7, 2000307.
8. G.-H. Xu, K.-J. Huang, J.-M. Zhang, J. Liu, S. Wang, S.-B. Lyu, J.-L. Duan, Nanoprotrusions-enriched surface: a universal and highly tolerant platform for realizing uniform nanoparticles by sputtering, Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2019, 6, 1900410.
9. Y. Dong, J. Liu, H. Yao, et al., Selectively enhanced ion transport in graphene oxide membrane/PET conical nanopore system, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2019, 11, 14960.
10. DAMPE Collaboration, Measurement of the cosmic ray proton spectrum from 40 GeV to 100 TeV with the DAMPE satellite, Science Advances, 2019, 5, eaax3793.
11. Y. Chen, J. Liu, et al., Fabrication and temperature dependent magnetic properties of Co-Ni nanotube arrays, Physica E, 2019, 110, 123.
12. H. Yao, J. Liu, et al., Tuning the coercivity of Cu/Ni multilayer nanowire arrays by tailoring multiple parameters, Materials & Design, 2017, 123, 165.
13. H. Yao, J. Liu, et al., Large rectification effect of single graphene nanopore supported by PET membrane, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2017, 9, 11000.
14. DAMPE Collaboration, Direct detection of a break in the teraelectronvolt cosmic-ray spectrum of electrons and positrons, Nature, 2017, 552, 63.
15. Y. Cheng, H. Yao, J. Duan, et al. Surface modification and damage of MeV-energy heavy ion irradiation on gold nanowires. Nanomaterials, 2017, 7, 108.
16. J. Duan, D. Lei, J. Liu, et al., Vertically-aligned single-crystal nanocone arrays: controlled fabrication and enhanced field emission, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2016, 8, 472.
17. J. Duan, D. Lei, et al., Surface plasmonic spectroscopy revealing the oxidation dynamics of copper nanowires embedded in polycarbonate ion-track templates, Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2016, 4, 3956.
18. L. Xie, H. Yao, J. Duan, et al. Investigation of optical properties of Cu/Ni multilayer nanowires embedded in etched ion-track template, Applied Surface Science, 2016, 388, 155.
19. Z. Li, J. Liu, H. Yao, et al., Selective separation of metal ions via monolayer nanoporous graphene with carboxyl groups, Analytical Chemistry, 2016, 88, 10002.
20. D. Mo, J. Liu, et al., Fabrication of different pore shapes by multi-step etching technique in ion-irradiated PET membranes, NIMB, 2014, 333, 58.
21. H. Yao, T. Sch？pers, et al., Phase coherent transport in InSb nanowires, Applied Physics Letters, 2012, 101, 082103.
22. D. Mo, J. Liu, J. Duan, et al., Plasmon resonance of copper nanowire arrays embedded in etched ion-track mica templates, Materials Letters, 2012, 68, 201.
23. H. Yao, D. Mo, J. Duan, et al., Investigation of the surface properties of gold nanowire arrays, Applied Surface Science, 2011, 258, 147.
24. H. Yao, J. Duan, D. Mo, et al. Optical and electrical properties of gold nanowires synthesized by electrochemical deposition, Journal of Applied Physics, 2011, 110, 94301.
25. J. Duan, J. Liu, et al., Controlled crystallinity and crystallographic orientation of Cu nanowires fabricated in ion-track templates, Nanotechnology, 2010, 21, 365605.
26. J. Duan, J. Liu, R. Neumann, et al., Surface plasmon resonances of Cu nanowire arrays, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2009, 113, 13583.
27. D. Mo, J. Liu, et al., Preparation and characterization of CdS nanotubes and nanowires by electrochemical synthesis in ion-track templates, Journal of Crystal Growth, 2008, 310, 612.
28. J. Duan, J. Liu, et al., Controlled synthesis and diameter-dependent optical properties of Cu nanowire arrays, Materials Science and Engineering B, 2008, 147, 57.