Nuclear Physics Research Center of the Institute of Modern Physics was established in 2019. The main research interests of the Center cover nuclear physics and nuclear astrophysics, including those under extreme conditions. The center is striving for breakthroughs in projects such as precise nuclear mass measurement, synthesis of superheavy nuclides and the origin of elements in the universe, etc., using facilities such as HIRFL and HIAF, as well as other facilities around the world.
The center consists of 6 groups, including the Storage Ring Physics Group, the Superheavy Nuclide and Nuclear Structure Group, the Radioactive Ion Beam Physics Group, the Nuclear Astrophysics Group, the Nuclear Reaction Group and the Theory Group. Currently, there are more than 80 employees, and 50 graduate students in the center.
1. superheavy nuclide synthesis and property study;
2. precision nuclear mass measurement;
3. nuclear reaction study;
4. nuclear structure study;
5. nuclear astrophysics;
6. nuclear detection techniques for charged particle, dark matter and Mars radiation environments;
7. heavy-ion collision theory;
8. hadron physics theory;
9. ab-initio approaches and their applications, etc.
Prof. ZHOU Xiaohong
Mailing Address: 509 Nanchang Road, Lanzhou, 730000, China