The Radiation safety and protection group (RSPG) is affiliated to the General Technology Center. It is responsible for implementing the national laws, regulations and standards related to radiation safety, establishing and improving radiation safety rules and regulations of the institute, as well as carrying out the research and daily management related to radiation protection.
Currently, RSPG has 9 researchers, 4 of them have senior professional titles. The main activities include design, establishment, operation and maintenance of radiation safety system of the accelerator, radiation monitoring and evaluation, personal dose monitoring and document management, management of radioactive sources and radioisotopes, management of radioactive waste and chemical waste, health care management of radiation workers, education and training on radiation safety, radiation safety supervision and inspection, emergency treatment of radiation accident, etc.
In recent years, RSPG has completed design and construction of the radiation protection for many scientific research tasks, including the HIRFL-CSR, Heavy Ion Medical Machine (HIMM) and proton linac of ADS, etc. Meanwhile, the group has successfully developed the wide energy spectrum neutron detector, gamma dose monitor and personnel security interlock system of the accelerator. At present, the main research fields are the parameter measurement of medium and high energy neutrons, the radiation protection research in heavy ion radiotherapy and the radiation protection design of HIAF, the major national science and technology infrastructure project in the 12th Five-Year plan of China.
1. Radiation field analysis and radiation shielding design of accelerators
2. Radiation dose monitoring in the workplace, environment and individuals
3. Personal safety interlock technology of accelerators
4. Research on induced radioactivity of accelerators
5. Environmental impact assessment of accelerators
1. Jun-Kui Xu, You-Wu Su, Wu-Yuan Li, Wei-Wei Yan, Zong-Qiang Li, Wang Mao, Cheng-Guo Pang, Chong Xu, Study of neutron dose equivalent at the HIRFL deep tumor therapy terminal, Chinese Physics C Vol. 41, No. 6 (2017) P 068201-1
2. Yao Yang, Wu-Yuan Li, You-Wu Su, Wei-Wei Yan, Wang Mao, Yang Li, Bo Yang, Li-Jun Wang, Neutron penetration in labyrinths under different beam losses, NUCL SCI TECH (2019) 30:124
3. Yao Yang, You-Wu Su, Wu-Yuan Li, Jun-Kui Xu, Chong Xu, Wei-Wei Yan, Wang Mao, Evaluation of radiation environment in the target area of fragment separator HFRS at HIAF, NUCL SCI TECH (2018) Vol.29, Issue 10: 147
4. Yao Yang, Chengguo Pang, Wuyuan Li, Junkui Xu and Youwu Su,* STUDY OF NEUTRON RADIATION FIELD AT THE FIRST RADIOACTIVE ION BEAM LINE IN LANZHOU, Radiation Protection Dosimetry, May. 2019 183(03): 312-318
5. PANG Chengguo, SU Youwu, XU Junkui, LI Wuyuan, YAN Weiwei, YAO Zeen, Study on Microdosimetric Characteristics of 120 to 430 MeV/u Carbon Ion, Nuclear Physics Review, Vol. 32, No. 4, Dec. 2015, P479
6. Jiao Yuan, Youwu Su, Wuyuan Li, Junkui Xu, Chengguo Pang, Weiwei Yan, Zongqiang Li, Wang Mao, Chong Xu, Wei Zuo, Xin Fu, An MC simulation of energy response of a wide spectrum multi-sphere neutron spectrometer, Nuclear Physics Review, Vol. 32, No. 2, June, 2015, P224. (in Chinese)
7. Xin Fu, Zongqiang Li, Junkui Xu, Wuyuan Li, Youwu Su, Wang Mao, Weiwei Yan, Chong Xu, Chengguo Pang, Development of a wide energy spectrum multisphere neutron spectrometer, Nuclear Physics Review，Vol. 33, No. 4，Dec., 2016, P466.(in Chinese)
8. Wei Zuo, Youwu Su, Chengguo Pang, Wuyuan Li, Junkui Xu, Zongqiang Li, Wang Mao, Weiwei Yan, Chong Xu, Xin Fu, Diamond detector used in C - ADS injector Ⅱ beam damage detection simulation study, Nuclear Physics Review, Vol. 33, No. 1, Mar. , 2016 P72. (in Chinese)
9. Jun-Kui Xu, You-Wu Su, Wu-Yuan Li, Wei-Wei Yan, Xi-Meng Chen, Wang Mao, Cheng-Guo Pang, Evaluation of neutron radiation field in carbon ion therapy, Chinese Physics C Vol. 40, No. 1 (2016) 018201
10. PANG Cheng-Guo, SU You-Wu, WANG Wen-Jun, LUO Xiao-Ming, XU Jun-Kui, LI Wu-Yuan, YUAN Jiao, YAO Ze-En, Monte Carlo simulation of carbon ion radiotherapy for the human eye，Chinese Physics C Vol. 39, No. 1 (2015) 018201
11. Yao Yang, Youwu Su, Wuyuan Li, Weiwei Yan, Lina Sheng, Yang Li, Bo Yang, Wang Mao, Lijun Wang, Radiation protection considerations in radioactive ion beam facilities, Nuclear Inst. and Methods in Physics Research B 455 (2019) 96–107
12. Wuyuan Li, Youwu Su, Junkui Xu, Chengguo Pang, Chong Xu, Wang Mao, Weiwei Yan, Radiation shielding design of treatment room of HIMM, Atomic Energy Science and Technology, Vol.52, No.6, 2018, P1118. (in Chinese)
13. Chengguo Pang, Youwu Su, Junkui Xu, Wuyuan Li, Ze’en Yao, Calculation of secondary radiation field in heavy ion accelerator due to proton beam loss, Atomic Energy Science and Technology, Vol.49，No.9, Supp1. Oct. 2015, 573. (in Chinese)
14. Wuyuan Li, Junkui Xu, Yao Yang, Youwu Su, Weiwei Yan, Bo Yang, Wang Mao, Chong Xu, Lijun Wang, Radiation shielding design of Bring and high energy external target experimental terminal of HIAF, Nuclear Physics Review, Vol. 35, No. 3, Sep., 2018, P302. (in Chinese)
Mailing Address: 509 Nanchang Road, Lanzhou, 730000, China