Mechanical and Alignment Technology Group
Mechanical and Alignment Technology Group (MTG) is part of General Technology Center, which includes the mechanical engineering team and the alignment team. There are 23 employees, including 3 professional engineers, 7 senior engineers, 10 engineers and 3 technicians.
MTG is mainly responsible for operation, maintenance, renovation and upgrade of Heavy Ion Research Facility in Lanzhou (HIRFL), Low Energy Accelerator Facility (LEAF) and superconducting accelerator of Accelerator Driven Sub-critical system(ADS). MTG is also taking part in new accelerator projects, viz. High Intensity heavy-ion Accelerator Facility (HIAF), China initiative Accelerator Driven System (CiADS), Heavy Ion Medical Machine (HIMM), Space Environment Simulation and Research Infrastructure (SESRI), Proton Radiation Effects Facility (PREF). The group undertakes tasks such as overall layout, mechanical design, development of key equipment in accelerator survey and alignment.
MTG completes the systematic design of mechanical system in many ways, such as mechanical structure design, multi-physical field coupling, equipment cooling method,etc. The 3D collaborative design platform is used to carry out equipment layout, park planning and project implementation in the unified design environment. The realization of collaborative system design is beneficial to improve the stability of high power accelerator compared with single parts design. Many kinds of world advanced alignment measuring equipment are equipped，including laser tracker, laser scanner, measuring arm, photogrammetry system, total station, digital level, alignment telescope, etc.
Many built-up devices, viz. Heavy Ion Research Facility in Lanzhou-Cooling Storage Ring (HIRFL-CSR), Heavy Ion Medical Machine (HIMM), the Linac for Separated Sector Cyclotron (SSC-Linac) and the plastic scintillator detector for DAMPE, have been operated steadily. The four-vane and four-bar RFQ accelerator cavities and the drift tube linear accelerator cavities were successfully developed. The machining accuracy reached 0.03mm/m, and the relative alignment accuracy of the key components was better than 0.05mm.
In the field of mechanical design and alignment, MTG keeps closely cooperation and communication with other accelerator laboratories at home and abroad, and participates in a number of international cooperative projects.
1. Mechanical structure design and performance study of accelerator components
2. Simulation and structure design of physics experimental terminal
3. Precision engineering survey and alignment for accelerator projects
4. Application of new technology in the field of mechanical design and alignment
1. The mechanical design and fabrication of 162.5 MHz buncher for China accelerator driven sub-critical system injector II [J]. Nuclear Engineering and Technology, 2017, 49(5): 1071-1078.
2. 3D Thermal-Fluid Coupled Analysis for 81.25MHz RFQ Accelerator [J]. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A, 2019(931):172-180.
3. The design and fabrication of 81.25 MHz RFQ for Low Energy Accelerator Facility. Nuclear Engineering and Technology, 2019, 51:556-560.
4. A new alignment method for HIMM magnetic field measurement system. Nuclear Inst. and Methods in Physics Research, A. 2019.
5. Alignment of heavy ion therapy center vertical terminal. Radiation Effects and Defects in Solids. 2019.
6. Deformation mechanism of the Cryostat in the CADS Injector II, Cryogenics, 2018.
7. Alignment of beam position monitors in cryomodule of CADS injector II, NUCL SCI TECH ,2017.
8. Alignment technology of heavy ion medical machine, Radiation Detection Technology and Methods, 2019.
9. Alignment installation of high energy beam line of wuwei heavy ion cancer treatment device, High Power Laser And Particle Beams, 2015.
10. Retuning installation of magnetic channels in separate fan cyclotron, High Power Laser And Particle Beams, 2018.
11. Application of MP measurement planning function in SA software, Low Temperature and Superconductivity, 2017.
12. Alignment installation of cyclotron injection system of wuwei heavy ion cancer treatment device, High Power Laser And Particle Beams, 2016.
13. Alignment installation of the synchrotron ring of wuwei medical heavy ion accelerator, Nuclear Physical Review, 2016.
14. Combined application of laser tracker and joint arm in ssc-linac RFQ measurement, Nuclear Technology, 2015.
1. A cross wire target device for alignment monitoring under vacuum and low temperature [P]. Chinese patent:201610993664.1.
2. Device and method for winding superconducting solenoid coil [P]. Chinese patent: 201010586621.4, 2013-08-21
3. High-accuracy three-combination quadrupole lens [P]. Chinese patent: 201110119139.4, 2013-01-16
4. Accelerator operation on-line continuous adjustable circular hole beam-limiting diaphragm [P]. Chinese patent: 201510679391.9, 2017-12-19
5. Four-vane RFQ accelerator cavity cold model measurement device [P]. Chinese patent: 201710385451.5, 2019-5-28
Mailing Address: 509 Nanchang Road, Lanzhou, 730000, China