Nuclear physics experiment not only promotes the development of nuclear detector technology, but also puts forward new requirements for related detector technology and electronics. Established in 2019, the nuclear detector group integrates the original gas detector group, the solid detector group and the crystal detector group. Based on the platform of the Institute of modern physics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, it makes full use of professional advantages and strengthens cross application. Focusing on the research of detector system needed in nuclear physical experiments, it has established high-quality platforms for scientific research and talents cultivation.
The main platforms are as follows:
1. Gas detector experiment platform
The gas detector research team is engaged in the research and development of gas nuclear radiation detector. Researchers focus on the development and performance test of the traditional gas detector and the new micro-pattern gas detector，aiming to enhance the ablity of R&D and provide technical support.for nuclear physics experiments.
The platform covers an area of more than 500 square meters, including the detector test room, the detector assembly room and 10000 class super clean room. It has equipment for the development and detection of gas detectors, and can carry out research work such as the development and production of advanced detectors, joint debugging and testing of gas detectors and other detectors, online acquisition, simulation, analysis and processing, etc.
2. Solid state detector experimental platform
The solid state detector research team is mainly engaged in the research and development of nuclear radiation detectors, providing a large number of gold silicon surface barrier semiconductor detectors and lithium drift detectors for nuclear physics experiments and space exploration.
The team has a complete microelectronics process laboratory, measuring equipment required for testing detectors and supporting back-end electronics system, such as 4-inch microelectronics process line, electrical and optical characteristics measuring equipment for semiconductor materials and devices, electronic system for detector test.
3. Crystal detector experiment platform
Combined with the requirements of nuclear detector development and the application of material modification, the preparation and performance test of crystal materials are explored. And the crystal material is applied to the device preparation to develop a high-performance radiation detector.
1. Component technologies of pixilated scintillators, position-sensitive photomultiplier tubes, solid state detectors, silicon detector and gas detector;
2. Software development for real-time computer-controlled data acquisition；
3. Monte Carlo and analytic simulation and tomographic image reconstruction for nuclear physics.
1. Applied Radiation and Isotopes, V134(2018), 366-369, The large-area multi-wire proportional counting system for 2pi alpha and beta emission measurement at the NIM China, Zhang Jun Wei, Zhang Ming, Duan Limin et al.
2. Chinese Physics Letters 2015 V32(3), Comparison of Experiment and Simulation of the triple GEM-Based Fast Neutron Detector, Wang Xiao Dong, Zhang Jun Wei, Hu Bi Tao, Yang He Run, Duan Li Min et al.
3. Nucl. Inst. and Meth. A894 (2018), 72-80, The drift chamber array at the external target facility in HIRFL-CSR, Sun Y Z; Sun Z Y; Wang S T; Duan L M ; Sun Y.
4. Nucl. Inst. and Meth. A927 (2019), 390-395, The charged fragment detector system of the External Target Facility, Sun Y Z; Sun Z Y; *Wang S T; Zhang X H; Sun Y; Yan D; Tang S W; Yu Y H; Yue K; Duan L M; Yang H R; Lu C G; Fang F; Ma P; Su H.
5. Physics Letters B, 777(2018), 212-216, Alpha decay properties of the semi-magic nucleus Np-219, Yang H B; Ma L; Zhang Z Y; Yang C L; *Gan Z G; Zhang M M; Huang M H; Yu L; Jiang J; Tian Y L; Wang Y S; Wang J G; Liu Z; Liu M L; Duan L M, S.G. Zhou, Z.Z. Ren, X.H. Zhou, H.S. Xu, G.Q. Xiao.
6. Nuclear Engineering and Technology, 51(2019), pp 432-438, The investigation of a new fast timing system based on DRS4 waveform sampling system, Zhang Xiuling; Du Chengming; Chen Jinda; Yang Herun; Kong Jie; Yang Haibo; Ma Peng; Shi Guozhu; Duan Limin; Hu Zhengguo.
7. Nuclear Engineering and Technology, 52(2020), pp 575-580, Development of Parallel Plate Avalanche Counter for heavy ion collision in radioactive ion beam, XianglunWei, Fenhai Guan, HerunYang, YijieWang, JunweiZhang, Peng Ma, Xinyue Diao, Chengui Lu, Meng Li, Yuanfan Guan, Limin Duan, Rongjiang Hu, Xiuling Zhang, Zhigang Xiao.
8. Chinese Physics C, 39(2015): 066005, The Application of Stratified Implantation for Silicon Micro-strip Detectors, Li Haixia, Li Zhankui, Wang Fangcong, Li Ronghua, Chen Cuihong, Wang Xiuhua, Rong Xinjuan, Liu Fengqiong, Wang Zhusheng, Li Chunyan, Zu Kailing, Lu Ziwei.
9. Chinese Physics C, 39(2015), 066004, Phonon contribution to nonionizing energy loss in silicon detectors, Li Ronghua, Li Zhankui, Yang Lei, Li Dongmei, Li Haixia, Wang Zhusheng, Chen Cuihong, Tan Jilian, Liu Fengqiong, Rong Xinxuan, Wang Xiuhua, Li Chunyan, Zu Kailing, Lu Ziwei.
10. Journal of instrumentation, 14 (2019), C05020, Development of a double-sided silicon strip detector for HIRFL-CSR experiments, R. Li; X. Wang; H. Li; C. Chen; K. Zu; R. Hu; C. Zhao; Z. Li.
Mailing Address: 509 Nanchang Road, Lanzhou, 730000, China