The Magnet Technology Group (MTG) is mainly responsible for the technical support and R&D (research and development) of magnets (Room temperature and superconducting) for the existing and future particle accelerators. MTG also provide high class magnets design, R&D and testing services for various particle accelerators, scientific research and experimental terminals. At present, there are 30 full-time employees and 5 students, including 3 with senior titles and 11 with vice-senior titles. The team of MTG has the capability of simulation and design of various kinds of magnets, meanwhile, fully equipped laboratory has been established for the magnetic field measurement and high-voltage components test.
The MTG has very good research foundations and project experience. From the beginning of the establishment to now, it has undertaken and completed a number of scientific research tasks which include Major State Basic Research Development Program of China (973) projects, the major subject of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and NSFC projects etc., such as magnet systems for HIRFL-CSR, HIMM, ADS, SECRAL-II, and Lanzhou Penning ion trap. MTG has also been involved in many international cooperation projects, such as FRIB (USA) and FAIR. We have established extensive cooperative relations with many domestic research institutes and Universities, such as Peking University, Tsinghua University, Lanzhou University IHEP (Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences) and SINAP (Shanghai Institute of Applied Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences).
At present, MTG is undertaking the R&D work for many projects, including the magnet systems for three major science and technology infrastructure projects—HIAF, CiADS and SESRI, and two Major research instrument development projects of NSFC-LEAF and CEE et al. Meanwhile, the project of upgrading the magnet system for HIRFL is in progress.
1. Electromagnetic field quality optimization design.
2. Engineering design of room temperature, superconducting magnet and injection and extraction element.
3. Superconducting magnet measure and quench protection technology.
4. Low temperature distribution and thermostat design of superconducting magnet.
5. Research and development of high-precision magnetic field measurement technology and system.
1. Beimin Wu, Canjie Xin, Mingzhi Guan and Wei Wu, Pressurized Bladders and strain measurments technology for allotype superconducting magnet structure during an assembly, 2020, Journal of Experimental Mechanics, 35(1)
2. Wei Wu, Yu Liang, Lun-Cai Zhou, En-Ming Mei, Dong-Sheng Ni, Shi-Jun Zhen, Xian-Jin Ou, and Wen-Jie Yang, Multipole magnets for the HIAF fragment separator using the Canted- Cosine-Theta (CCT) geometry, 2020, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1401(2020) 012015
3. Wenjie Yang, Beimin Wu, Dongshen Ni, Wei Wu, Enming Mei and Lizhen Ma, Cryogenic test of the FRIB superconducting magnets at IMP, 2020, Journal of Physics: Conference Series,1401 (2020) 012017
4. Yuquan Chen, Wei Wu, Beimin Wu, Enming Mei, and Yu Liang, Design, Fabrication, and Test of a 2-T Superconducting Dipole Prototype by Using Tilted Solenoids, 2019, IEEE, 29(4)
5. Zhuli, Wuwei, Yushurong, Duzhuoyue, Chenyuquan, Meienming and Sunliangting, Mechanical design and testing of the magnet mirror structure for dummy coil of a superconducting ECR ion source[J]. Rare Metal Materials and Engineering, 2019,48(12):4035~4038
6. Canjie Xin, Mingzhi Guan, The sensitivity of distributed temperature sensor system based on Raman scattering under cooling down, loading and magnetic field, 2019, Cryogenics, 100,36-40
7. Canjie Xin and Mingzhi Guan, Shallow Embedded Strain Measurements and Analysis for a NbTi Superconducting Sextupole Coil During Cooling, Excitation, and Quench, 2019, Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism, 32:175-183
8. Qiang Hu, Xingzhe Wang, Mingzhi Guan, Beimin Wu, Strain responses of superconducting magnets based on embedded polymer-FBG and cryogenic resistance strain gauge measurements, 2018, IEEE ,1051-8223
9. Liang Yu, Ma Lizhen, Wu Wei, Wu Beiming, Shi Jianjun, Chen Yuquan, Mei Enming, Design of a Superconducting Gantry Dipole Magnet Based on Tilted Solenoids[J].Rare Metal Materials and Engineering,2018,47(11):3444~3450.
10. Liang Yu, Ma Lizhen, Wu Wei，Wu Beiming，Chen Yuquan, Design of a 2.0T superconducting dipole magnet based on tilted solenoids, 2017,Cry.＆ Supercond., 45(8):51-56
11. Ou Xianjin, Wu Wei, Liang Yu, Wu Beimin，Chen Yuquan，Yuan Ping , Numerical quench simulation of a superconducting dipole magnet based on tilted solenoids, 2017, Cry.＆ Supercond., 45(8):46-51
12. Q.G. Yao. L.C. Zhou., H. Y. Yu, C. P. Pei, et al Development of a Cyclotron Magnet Cyclotron, 2016, IEEE, 26(4)4403004
13. Q.G. Yao. X. Zhang, J. Yang, X. Y. Zhang, et al The Study of Synchrotron Quadrupole in HIMM, 2016, IEEE, 26(4)4403004
14. Tongjun Yang, Ping Yuan, Luncai Zhou, Beiming Wu, Wei Wu, Yuquan Chen, Jiaxin Zuo, Shijun Zheng, Enming Mei, Dongsheng Ni, Wenjie Yang, Shaofei Han and Lizhen Ma, A Compact Superconducting Solenoid for China-ADS Injector II, 2016, IEEE, 26(4):4004105
15. Xiaoying Zhang, Beiming Wu, Yuquan Chen, Wei Wu, Dongsheng Ni, Qinggao Yao, Lizhen Ma, Ping Yuan, The Fast Pulsed Superconducting Dipole Prototype Magnet of HIAF at IMP, 2016, IEEE, 26(4)
16. Canjie Xin, Mingzhi Guan, Xingzhe Wang, Youhe Zhou, Cryogenic Tension Response of Monel Sheath MgB2 Superconducting Wires, 2016, IEEE, 26(4): 1-4
17. Li Yadong, Yang Tongjun, Wu Beimin, Zheng Shijun , Chen Yuquan , Wu Wei, Ma Lizhen, Design of high field Nb3Sn － NbTi hybrid superconducting focusing solenoid, 2016, Cry.＆ Supercond., 44(5):31-36
18. ZHAO Li-Xia，LV Ming-bang，ZHANG Xiang, YAO Qing-Gao, LIU Guo-Qiang, MA Li-Zhen, ZHAN Wen-Long, Analysis and Experimental Study of Lifting Device Based on Travelling Magnetic Field, Atomic Energy Science and Technology, 2016, 50(5):933-938
19. MingZhi Guan, Qiang Hu, PeiFeng Gao, Xing-Zhe Wang, Tong-Jun Yang, Wei Wu, Can-Jie Xin, Bei-Min Wu, and Li-Zhen Ma, Mechanical Analysis and Measurements of a Multicomponent NbTi/Cu Superconducting Magnets Structure for the Fully Superconducting Electron Cyclotron Resonance Ion Source, 2016, Chinese Physics Letters, 33(5):058502
20. Zhang Xiaoying, Han Shaofei, Yang Wenjie, Zhang Jingjing, Yao Qinggao, Ma Lizhen, Design of synchrotron septum magnet for heavy ion medical machine, High Power Laser and Particle Beams, 2015，27(9)：095101
21. Zhao Lixia, Lü Mingbang, Zhang Xiang, Yu Haiyan, Yao Qinggao, Liu Guoqiang, Ma Lizhen, Zhan Wenlong, Numerical analysis and experimental study of the magnetic lifting device prototype, High Power Laser and Particle Beams ,2015，27(7)：076003
22. ZHANG Xiaoying, WU Beimin, NI Dongsheng, CHEN Yuquan, WU Wei, MA Lizhen, Structural analysis of superconducting dipole prototype for HIAF, 2015, Chinese Physics C,37(1)
23. Yuquan Chen, Lizhen Ma, Wei Wu, Mingzhi Guan, Beimin Wu, Enming Mei, and Canjie Xin, Design of a Conduction-Cooled 4 T Superconducting Racetrack for a Multi-Field Coupling Measurement System, 2015, Chinese Physics C,39(12)
24. Wenjie Yang, Xiaoying Zhang, Shaofei Han, Jing Yang, Changping Pei, Linliang Yang, Li Zhu, and Yao Qinggao, Magnetic field measurment for sychrotron dipole magnet of Heavy-Ion Therapy facility in Lanzhou, 2016, IEEE, 24(3) 9001404
25. Wenlong Bian, Lizhen Ma, Wei Wu, Qinggao Yao, Mingzhi Guan, and Junjie Du, Design of an Asymmetric Superconducting Magnet for a Penning Trap, 2015, Chinese Physics C, 39(5)
26. Dongsheng Ni, Wenjie Yang, Shaofei Han, Li Zhu, Xiang Zhang, Beimin Wu, Lizhen Ma, A Test System for Superconducting Joints Based on GM Cryocooler, 2014, IEEE, 24(3)
27. Q.G. Yao. S.F. Han., C. P. Pei, X. Zhang, et al, The Development of HITFiL Cyclotron Magnet，2014, IEEE, 24(3)4402004
28. Mingzhi Guan, Xingzhe Wang, Lizhen Ma, Youhe Zhou, and Canjie Xin, Magneto-Mechanical Coupling Analysis of a Superconducting Solenoid Magnet in Self-Magnetic Field, 2014, IEEE, 24(3)
29. 辛灿杰，王省哲，关明智，周又和, Measurement of Thermal Expansion of Superconducting Wires at Cryogenic Temperature Based on Tensile Method, 2014,Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism, 28(2):437-442
30. Lizhen Ma, Xiaoying Zhang, Wei Wu, Qinggao Yao, Shaofei Han, Ping Yuan, Recent Development of Superconducting Magnets in IMP,2014, IEEE, 24(3):1–5
31. Ping Yuan, Qinggao Yao, Lizhen Ma, Shaofei Han, Wei Wu, and Mingzhi Guan, Overview about Recent Progress on Magnets in IMP, 2014, Nuclear Physics Review,31(4)
32. Mingzhi Guan, Xingzhe Wang, Canjie Xin, Wei Wu, and Lizhen Ma, Structural Mechanics Exploration for Multicomponent Superconducting Solenoids by Hoop Strain Tests during Cooling and Excitation, 2014, Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism, 27(5):1179–85
33. Mingzhi Guan, Xingzhe Wang, Canjie Xin, Wei Wu, and Lizhen Ma, The Contradiction Behavior Between Mechanical Performance and Degradation Mechanism of Electric at Cryogenic Temperature in Bi-2222/Ag Tapes with Different Protective Layer, 2014, Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism, 27(10):2257–62
34. Wei Wu, Zhijun Wang, Beiming Wu, Shaofei Han, Dongsheng Ni, Enming Mei, Wenjie Yang, Li Zhu, Shijun Zheng, Tongjun Yang, Xiaoliang Yang, Lizhen Ma, and Yuan He, Development of a Superconducting Solenoid for CADS, 2014, Chinese Physics C,38(1)
35. Wei Wu, Lizhen Ma, Yuan He, Ping Yuan, Three Dimensional Numeric Quench Simulation of Super-FRS Dipole Test Coil for FAIR Project, 2013, High Power Laser and Particle Beams,25(8):2075–79
36. Mingzhi Guan, Xingzhe Wang, Lizhen Ma, Youhe Zhou, Hongwei Zhao, Canjie Xin, Linliang Yang, Wei Wu, and Xiaoliang Yang, Magnetic Field and Strain Measurements of a Superconducting Solenoid Magnet for C-ADS Injector-II during Excitation and Quench Test, 2013, Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism, 26(7):2361–68
37. Q.G. Yao. L.Z. Ma, H.F. Hao, X.Q. Zhang, S.F. Han, B. Wang, and P. Yuan, The Magnetic Field Design of HITFiL Cyclotron, 2012, IEEE, 22(3)
38. Xiaoliang YANG, Lizhen MA, Wei WU, Shijun ZHENG, Junjie DU, Shaofei HAN, Mingzhi GUAN, Yuan HE, Design of a superconducting magnet for CADS, 2012, Chinese Physics C, 36(9)
39. YANG Xiao-liang, MA Li-zhen, HAN Shao-fei, guan Ming-zhi, YANG Tong-jun, DU Jun-jie, NI Dong-sheng, ZHENG Shi-jun, WU Wei, YANG Wen-jie, ZHU Li, WU Bei-min, CHEN Yu-quan, Preliminary Test of SC Solenoid for ADS InjectorⅡ, 2012, Nuclear Physics Review, 29(3):244–47
40. Junjie Du, Ping Yuan, Wei Wu, Lizhen Ma, and Xiaoliang Yang, Active Shim Design of a 7T Highly Homogeneous Superconducting Magnet for Lanzhou Penning Trap, 2012, IEEE, 22(3)
41. YANG Tong-jun, YUAN Ping, WU Wei1, HE Yuan, HAN Shao-fei, YAO Qing-gao, MA Li-zhen, FPGAbased Quench Detection System for Super-FRS Super ferric Dipole Prototyp, 2011, Nuclear Physics Review, 28(1):58–62
42. P. Yuan, H.W. Zhao, H. Leibrock, L.Z.Ma, L.T.Sun, X.Q. Zhang, B. Zhang, B.L. Guo, W.Wu, Q.G. Yao, W.Y. Wu, Q.L. Wang, X. Wu, S.F. Han, Y. He, and S.L. Zhang, Some Superconducting Magnets at IMP, 2010, IEEE, 20(3)
43. YAO Qing-gao, MA Li-zhen, ZHANG Xiao-qi, HE Yuan, YUAN Ping, ZHANG Bin, WU Wei, HAN Shao-fei, ZHANG Si-ling，End Optimization of Dipole Magnet of Super-FRS for FAIR,2010, Nuclear Physics Review, 27(4)
44. Qinggao Yao, Lizhen Ma, Xiaoyin Zhang, Yuan He, Wei Wu, G. Moritz, H. Leibrock, Shaofei Han, Dongsheng Ni, Beilei Guo, and others, Magnetic Field Design of the Dipole for Super-FRS at FAIR, 2010, IEEE, 20(3):172–175
45. Wu, W., Y. He, L. Z. Ma, J. W. Xia, Q. G. Yao, B. L. Guo, X. Wu, S. F. Han, and S. L. Zhang, The Application of Toolkit of Optimization in Designs of Accelerator Magnets, 2010, IEEE, 20(3):1904–1907
46. W. Wu, Y. He, L. Z. Ma, W. X. Huang, Q. G. Yao, X. Wu, B. L. Guo, B. Zhang, P. Yuan, and J. W. Xia, Design of a 7T Superconducting Magnet for Lanzhou Penning Trap,2010, IEEE, 20(3):989–992
47. B. Guo, L. Ma, W. Wu, Q. Yao, W. Huang, X. Wu, Y. He, S. Han, and P. Yuan, Quench Protection Design and Simulation of a 7 Tesla Superconducting Magnet, 2010, IEEE, 20(3):2087–2090
49. Wenlong Bian, Ping Yuan, Lizhen Ma, Yuan He, Qing Li, Wei Wu, and Qinggao Yao, Stress Analysis of CR Superferric Magnet, 2008, Chinese Physics C, 32:11-14
50. Wei, Wu., Yuan He, Lizhen Ma, Qing Li, Qinggao Yao, Wenlong Bian, and Jiawen Xia, 3D Quench Simulation Using Finite Element Method for CR Superconducting Magnet’s Strand, 2008, Chinese Physics C,32:15-18
51. QG Yao, LZ Ma, Y He, Q Li, W Wu, WL Bian, P Yuan, and WL Zhan, Optimization of Magnetic Field for CR Dipole Magnet, 2008, Chinese Physics C, 32:19-21
52. Chen Yuquan, Wu Wei, Wu Beimin, et al. Design, fabrication and test of a 2T superconducting dipole prototype by using tilted solenoids. 2018, IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercon, 29(4)
53. Zhao Lixia, Lv Mingbang, Yao Qinggao, Xu Xiaowei, Zhang Xiang, Ma Lizhen, Zhan Wenlong, The lifting device powered by square wave current, 2015, public number: CN104773511B
54. Lv Mingbang, Zhao Lixia, Yao Qinggao, Zhang Xiang, Ma Lizhen, Zhan Wenlong, The lifting device powered by sine wave, 2015, public number: CN204727209U
55. Wu Beimin, Wu Wei, Yang Tongjun, Ni Dongsheng, Chen Yuquan, Mei Enming, Ma Lizhen, He Yuan, Helium groove of compound superconducting solenoid magnet coil, 2015, public number: CN105261438B
56. WU BEIMIN; MA LIZHEN; YANG WENJIE; WU WEI; NI DONGSHENG, Superconducting magnet dynamic measuring device under low temperature, 2016, public number: CN206223951U
57. Liang Yu, Wu Wei, Mei Enming, Ma Lizhen, A Canted Cosine Theta configuration for the Gantry magnet, 2017, public number: CN107670181B
58. Chen Yuquan, Liang Yu, Wu Wei, Mei Enming, Zhou Longcai，A method for coil modelling by the electronic equipments and storage medium, 2019, public number: 201910162938.6
59. Mei Enming, Wu Wei, Sun Liangting, Liang Yu, Chen Yuquan, Zhang Xiang, Zhang Jingjing, Chai Zhiliang, Ni Dongsheng, Zheng Shijun, Yang Tongjun, Ou Xianjin, Wang Xudong, Zhu Li, You Wei, Yang Wenjie, Yao Qinggao, Ma Lizhen, An ECR iron source superconducting magnet structure, 2019, public number: 201911249875.4
Tel: +86-0931-4969951 +86-18509316733
Mailing Address: 509 Nanchang Road, Lanzhou, 730000, China