To fulfill the strategic requirements of key materials for future Accelerator Driven Advanced Nuclear Energy System (ADANES) and China Initiative Accelerator Driven System (CiADS), researches of the Nuclear Engineering Materials Group are mainly engineering-oriented. Relying on the Heavy Ion Research Facility of Lanzhou (HIRFL) and Guangdong energy laboratory, we particularly focuses on two research fields. The first is to explore new high safety materials including composite ceramics, metal structural materials, new concept radiation-resistant materials, etc., and high-performance functional coating. The other field is to develop characteristics multi-physical field coupling experimental evaluation platforms e.g., irradiation effects, LBE/water/CO2 environmental compatibilities, and their synergistic effects, theoretical simulations and granular flow effects, etc., and some key technologies regarding to material fabrications, multi-physical field coupling, and oxygen control etc..
Our objective is to construct both performance database of key materials and predictive theoretical models of their service lives at last. We are dedicated to a new research mode concerning the integration of new materials R&Ds, performance appraisals, key materials database, theoretical prediction model and project demonstration applications.
Meanwhile, we are a high level of nuclear material evaluation team, currently consisting of 11 senior researchers, 6 junior researchers and 10 graduate students.
1. R&D of new high-safety composite ceramic materials and other radiation-resistant materials;
2. R&D of high-performance coatings for nuclear applications;
3. Experimental evaluation of radiation properties of nuclear materials;
4. Theoretical simulations of radiation damage mechanism;
5. Research on the environmental (LBE, water /CO2) compatibility of materials;
6. Key technologies and platform constructions.
1. Yabin Zhu*, Jianlong Chai, Zhiguang Wang, Tielong Shen *, Lijuan Niu, Shufen Li, Peng Jin, Hongpeng Zhang, Jing Li, Minghuan Cui, Microstructural damage evolution of (WTiVNbTa)C5 high-entropy carbide ceramics induced by self-ions irradiation, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 42(2022) 2567 –2576.
2. Cunfeng Yao, Hongpeng Zhang, Hailong Chang, Yanbin Sheng, Tielong Shen, Yabin Zhu, Lilong Pang, Minghuan Cui, Kongfang Wei, Yichun Xu, Dong Wang, Chao Liu, Zhiwei Ma, Li Zhao, Wei Yan, Tianji Peng, Jinyang Li, Changping Qin, Zhiguang Wang *，Structure of surface oxides on martensitic steel under simultaneous ion irradiation and molten LBE corrosion，Corrosion Science 195 (2022) 109953.
3. Vladimir Krsjak, Tielong Shen, Jarmila Degmova, Stanislav Sojak, Erik Korpas, Pavol Noga, Werner Egger, Bingsheng Li, Vladimir Slugen, Frank A. Garner, On the helium bubble swelling in nano-oxide dispersion-strengthened steels, Journal of Materials Science & Technology 105 (2022) 172–181.
4. Zhiwei Ma, Tielong Shen*, Zhiguang Wang*, Ting Zhou, Hailong Chang*, Peng Jin, Kongfang Wei, Lilong Pang, Jianlong Chai, Chao Liu, Improving the oxidation resistance of SIMP steel to liquid Pb-Bi eutectic by shot peening treatments, Applied Surface Science 578 (2022) 151910.
5. Lilong Pang, Pengfei Tai, Hailong Chang, Minghuan Cui, Tielong Shen*,Zhiguang Wang, Kong fang Wei, Zhiwei Ma, Sihao Huang, Chao Liu, Xing Gao, Yanbin Sheng, Defects evolution induced by Fe and He ions irradiation in Ti3AlC2, Journal of Nuclear Materials 558 (2022) 153357.
6. Lilong Pang*, Pengfei Tai, Tielong Shen, Zhiguang Wang*, Shengyu Zhu, Minghuan Cui, Hailong Chang, Hongpeng Zhang, Zhiwei Ma, Zongxin Mu, Cunfeng Yao, Study on collective friction and wear behavior of W-Ni-Fe alloy balls, Tribology International 164 (2021) 107232.
7. Chao Liu, Tielong Shen *, Cunfeng Yao, Hailong Chang, Kongfang Wei, Lijuan Niu，Zhiwei Ma, and Zhiguang Wang *，Corrosion behavior of ferritic–martensitic steels SIMP and T91 in fast-flowing steam，Corrosion Science 187 (2021) 109474.
8. Chao Liu, Tielong Shen *, Peng Jin, Ji Wang, Hailong Chang, Yabin Zhu, Minghuan Cui，Jianlong Chai, and Zhiguang Wang *，The role of He irradiation in the corrosion behaviour of T91 in high-temperature steam, Corrosion Science 189 (2021) 109602.
9. Jarmila Degmová, Vladimír Kr？jak, Tielong Shen, Jana ？imeg Veterniková, Andrea Gatciová, Stanislav Sojak, Petr Hru？ka, Near-surface investigation of positron diffusion length in helium-implanted Fe9Cr and its ODS variant, Applied Surface Science 538 (2021) 148004
10. Bingsheng Li, Qing Liao, Hongpeng Zhang, Tielong Shen, Fangfang Ge, Nabil Daghbouj, The effects of stress on corrosion behavior of SIMP martensitic steel in static liquid lead-bismuth eutectic, Corrosion Science 187 (2021) 109477.
11. Ting Zhou, Xing Gao？, Zhiwei Ma, Hailong Chang, Tielong Shen, Zhiguang Wang？, Atomistic simulation of α-Fe(100)-lead-bismuth eutectic (LBE) solid-liquid interface, Journal of Nuclear Materials 555 (2021) 153107.
12. Lijuan Niu, Shufen Li, Yabin Zhu*, Jianlong Chai, Yiwen Liu, Tielong Shen,Peng Jin, Hongpeng Zhang, Erqing Xie, Zhiguang Wang*, Correlation between phase content and mechanical properties of SiCw- ZTA composites sintered by SPS. Ceramics International 47 (2021) 15059–15066.
13. YABIN ZHU*, JIANLONG CHAI, TIELONG SHEN*, ZHIGUANG WANG , Mechanical and Friction Properties of Al2O3-ZrO2-TiC Composite with Varying TiC Contents Fabricated by Spark Plasma Sintering, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A. VOLUME 52A, 767-775, FEBRUARY 2021.
14. Jarmila Degmová, Vladimír Kr？jak, Tielong Shen, Jana ？imeg Veterniková, Andrea Gatciová, Stanislav Sojak, Petr Hru？k, Near-surface investigation of positron diffusion length in helium-implanted Fe9Cr and its ODS variant, Applied Surface Science 538 (2021) 148004.
15. Yiwen Liu, Yabin Zhu*, Tielong Shen, Jianlong Chai, Lijuan Niu, Shufen Li, Peng Jin, Hai Zheng, Zhiguang Wang*, Irradiation response of Al2O3-ZrO2 ceramic composite under He ion irradiation, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 41 (2021) 2883–2891
16. Shufen Li, Yabin Zhu, Jianlong Chai, Yiwen Liu, Lijuan Niu, Xing Gao, Peng Jin, Tielong Shen, Minghuan Cui, Zhiguang Wang, Erqing Xie, Effects of ZrC content on the microstructure and mechanical property of ZrC/ZTA composites consolidated by hot pressing, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 860 (2021) 158402.
17. Tianyu Deng, Jianrong Sun#, Pengfei Tai, Yuyu Wang, Linqi Zhang, Hailong Chang, Zhiguang Wang#, Lijuan Niu, Yanbin Sheng, Desheng Xue, Qing Huang, Youfu Zhou, Peng Song, Jinyu Li，Ti3AlC2, a candidate structural material for innovative nuclear energy system: The microstructure phase transformation and defect evolution induced by energetic heavy-ion irradiation，Acta Materialia 189 (2020) 188_203
18. Jianlong Chai, Yabin Zhu, Tielong Shen, Yiwen Liu, Lijuan Niu, Shufen Li, Peng Jin, Minghuan Cui, Zhiguang Wang, Assessing fracture toughness in sintered Al2O3–ZrO2(3Y)–SiC ceramic composites through indentation technique, Ceramics International 46 (2020) 27143–27149.
19. Linqi Zhang, Jianrong Sun*, Xing Gao*, Tianyu Deng, Zhaoyi Cheng, Pengfei Tai, Hailong Chang, Erqing Xie, Jinya Chen, and Mengxin Xia, Combined experimental and first-principles studies of structural and physical properties of b-Ti3SiC2, J. Appl. Phys. 128, 225902 (2020).
20. Jianlong Chai, Yabin Zhu, Zhiguang Wang, Tielong Shen, Yiwen Liu, Lijuan Niu, Shufen Li, Cunfeng Yao, Minghuan Cui, Chao Liu, Microstructure and mechanical properties of SPS sintered Al2O3–ZrO2 (3Y)–SiC ceramic composites, Materials Science & Engineering A 781 (2020) 139197
21. Yan-Bin Sheng, Hong-Peng Zhang, Tie-Long Shen, Kong-Fang Wei,Long Kang, Rui Liu, Tong-Min Zhang, Bing-Sheng Li, Atomic Mixing Induced by Ion Irradiation of V/Cu Multilayers, CHIN. PHYS. LETT. Vol. 37, No. 3 (2020) 036101
22. Bingsheng Li*, Huiping Liu, Tielong Shen, Lijun Xu, Jie Wang, Fuqiang Zhao, Dingping Peng, Junhan Li, Yanbin Sheng, Anli Xiong, Irradiation-induced microstructure damage in He-irradiated 3C-SiC at 1000℃, Journal of the European Ceramic Society 40 (2020) 1014–1022
23. Peng Jin, Tielong Shen, Minghuan Cui, Yabin Zhu, Bingsheng Li,Tongmin Zhang, Jinyu Li, Shuoxue Jin, Eryang Lu, Xingzhong Cao,Zhiguang Wang，Study on vacancy-type defects in SIMP steel induced by separate and sequential H and He ion implantation，Journal of Nuclear Materials，520 (2019) 131-139
24. M. Cui, N. Gao, D. Wang, X. Gao, Z. Wang, Helium bubble growth under strain fields in tungsten investigated by atomic method, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, 460(2019)60-66.
25. M. Cui, T. Shen, L. Pang, Y. Zhu, P. Jin, C. Liu, X. Fang, Z. Wang, He ion implantation induced He bubbles and hardness in tungsten, Nuclear Materials and Energy, 15 (2018) 232-236.
26. Wen-hao He, Xing Gao*, Dong Wang, Ning Gao, Ming-huan Cui, Li-long Pang, and Zhi-guang Wang*, First-principles investigation of grain boundary morphology effects on helium solutions in tungsten, Comp. Mater. Sci. 2018, 148: 224-230
27. Wenhao He, Xing Gao*, Ning Gao, Ji Wang, Dong Wang, Ming-huan Cui, Li-long Pang, and Zhiguang Wang*, Effects of Grain Boundary Characteristics on Its Capability to Trap Point Defects in Tungsten, Chin. Phys. Lett. 2018, 35: 026101
28. Li-Long Pang, Bing-Sheng Li, Tie-Long Shen, Xing Gao，Xue-Song Fang, Ning Gao, Cun-Feng Yao, Kong-Fang Wei, Ming-Huan Cui, Jian-Rong Sun, Hai-Long Chang, Wen-Hao He, Zhi-Guang Wang, Structural Distortion and Defects in Ti3AlC2 irradiated by Fe and He Ions CHIN. PHYS. LETT. Vol. 35, No. 2 (2018) 026102
29. Minghuan Cui, Tielong Shen, Lilong Pang, Yabin Zhu, Peng Jin, Chao Liu, Xuesong Fang, Zhiguang Wang, He ion implantation induced He bubbles and hardness in tungsten, Nuclear Materials and Energy, 15 (2018) 232-236
30. N. Gao, D. Perez, G.H. Lu, Z.G. Wang, Molecular dynamics study of the interaction between nanoscale interstitial dislocation loops and grain boundaries in BCC iron, Journal of Nuclear Materials, 498 (2018) 378-386.
31. N. Gao, T. Shen, R. Kurtz, Z. Wang, F. Gao, Evolution of nanoscale interstitial dislocation loops under coupling effect of stress and temperature, Scripta Materialia, 136 (2017) 64-67.
32. N. Gao, W. Setyawan, S.H. Zhang, Z.G. Wang, Defect-induced change of temperature-dependent elastic constants in BCC iron, Journal of Nuclear Materials, 490 (2017) 125-129.
33. N. Gao, W. Setyawan, R.J. Kurtz, Z. Wang, Effects of applied strain on nanoscale self-interstitial cluster formation in BCC iron, Journal of Nuclear Materials, 493 (2017) 62-68.
34. N. Gao, D. Perez, G.H. Lu, Z.G. Wang, Molecular dynamics study of the interaction between nanoscale interstitial dislocation loops and grain boundaries in BCC iron, Journal of Nuclear Materials, 498 (2018) 378-386.
35. Y. Han, J. Peng, B. Li, Z. Wang, K. Wei, T. Shen, J. Sun, L. Zhang, C. Yao, N. Gao, X. Gao, L. Pang, Y. Zhu, H. Chang, M. Cui, P. Luo, Y. Sheng, H. Zhang, L. Zhang, X. Fang, S. Zhao, J. Jin, Y. Huang, C. Liu, P. Tai, D. Wang, W. He, Lattice disorder produced in GaN by He-ion implantation, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, 406 (2017) 543-547.
36. N. Gao, J. Chen, R.J. Kurtz, Z.G. Wang, R.F. Zhang, F. Gao, New understanding of nano-scale interstitial dislocation loops in BCC iron, Journal of physics. Condensed matter : an Institute of Physics journal, 29 (2017) 455301.
37. M.H. Cui, C.F. Yao, T.L. Shen, L.L. Pang, Y.B. Zhu, B.S. Li, X.Z. Cao, P. Zhang, J.R. Sun, H.P. Zhu, J. Wang, X. Gao, N. Gao, H.L. Chang, Y.B. Sheng, H.P. Zhang, Z.G. Wang, Slow positron annihilation studies on helium irradiated tungsten, Nucl Instrum Meth B, 406 (2017) 578-584.
38. M.H. Cui, T.L. Shen, H.P. Zhu, J. Wang, X.Z. Cao, P. Zhang, L.L. Pang, C.F. Yao, K.F. Wei, Y.B. Zhu, B.S. Li, J.R. Sun, N. Gao, X. Gao, H.P. Zhang, Y.B. Sheng, H.L. Chang, W.H. He, Z.G. Wang, Vacancy like defects and hardening of tungsten under irradiation with He ions at 800 °C, Fusion Engineering and Design, 121 (2017) 313-318.
39. M. Cui, J. Wang, Z. Wang, T. Shen, K. Wei, C. Yao, J. Sun, N. Gao, Y. Zhu, L. Pang, D. Wang, H. Zhu, Y. Han, X. Fang, Helium irradiation induced hardening in MNHS steels, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, 406 (2017) 611-617.
40. J.J. Sun, Y.W. You, J. Hou, X.Y. Li, B.S. Li, C.S. Liu, Z.G. Wang, The effect of irradiation-induced point defects on energetics and kinetics of hydrogen in 3C-SiC in a fusion environment, Nucl Fusion, 57 (2017).
41. X.-S. Fang, T.-L. Shen, M.-H. Cui, P. Jin, B.-S. Li, Y.-B. Zhu, Z.-G. Wang, Characterization of Microstructure and Stability of Precipitation in SIMP Steel Irradiated with Energetic Fe Ions*, Chinese Phys Lett, 34 (2017) 116102.
42. N. Gao, F. Gao, Z.G. Wang, Anisotropic Migration of Defects under Strain Effect in BCC Iron, Chinese Phys Lett, 34 (2017).