The Radio Frequency Cavity Group is responsible for the design, fabrication and test of the RF cavities, including normal conducting cavity and superconducting cavity which are the key components of the RF superconducting linear accelerators. Meanwhile, design, fabrication and test of the coupler, tuner and other accessory equipment of the RF cavities are also the responsibilities of the group.
Up to now, the RF Cavity Group has designed and tested more than two hundred RF cavities and their accessory equipment for the CAFe, HIAF, CiADS and other research projects at IMP. In particular, the normal conducting RFQ cavity of CAFe is the most intense current (10mA ) CW RFQ accelerator that is running in the world at present.
In addition, we commit ourselves to the improving of the performance of the existing RF structures, the automatic optimization process of RF cavity design, and so on. Moreover, developing new type of RF cavities and their accessory equipment is one of our main goals, too.
Currently, there are 10 researchers and 4 graduates student in the group.
Guided by the construction needs of large scientific engineering projects, the research on RF superconductivity theory, RF cavity technology, RF cavity test technology and high power coupler technology has been carried out.
1. A preparation method for a superconducting cavity,He Y,Zhang S,Yue W, (Paten No) CN 103619119B;
2. Hybrid accelerated focusing superconducting cavity, He Y,Zhang S,Yue W et al., (Paten No) CN201610142074.8;
3. Preparation method of superconducting cavity, (Paten No) CN 103567726B;
4. A cold model measuring device for four-vane radio frequency quadrupole accelerator cavity,Wang F,Zhang B,Li C et al., (Paten No) 107271812B.
1. ZHANG Cong, ZHANG Sheng-Hu, HE Yuan, YUE Wei-Ming, Multipacting analysis for half wave resonators in the China ADS, Chinese Physics C, 2015-11-017.
2. HE Shou-Bo, HE Yuan, ZHANG Sheng-Hu, ZHANG Cong, YUE Wei-Ming, Study on the frequency tuning of the half-wave resonator at IMP, Chinese Physics C, Vol.38，No.6（2014）067007.
3. HE Shou-Bo, HE Yuan, ZHANG Sheng-Hu, YUE Wei-Ming, Mechanical design and analysis of a low beta squeezed half-wave resonator, Chinese Physics C, 2014,38(08),90-95.
4. Weiming Yue, Shengxue Zhang, Chunlong Li et al.,Design, fabrication and test of a taper-type half-wave superconducting cavity with the optimal beta of 0.15 at IMP, Nuclear Engineering and Technology, 2020. 1738-5733.
5. Weiming Yue, Shengxue Zhang, Chunlong Li et al.,Development of a low beta half-wave superconducting cavity and its improvement from mechanical point of view, Nuclear Inst. and Methods in Physics Research, A 953, 2020, 163259.
6. Zhang Cong, He Shoubo, Wang Ruoxu, Structural analysis of quarter-wave resonators in IMP, Chinese Physics C, Vol. 37, No. 10 (2013) 107002.
7. Chenxing Li, Yuan He*, Xianbo Xu et al., RF structure design of the China Material Irradiation Facility RFQ, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, 2017, 869: 38-45.
8. Chenxing Li, Yuan He*, Fengfeng Wang et al., Radio frequency measurements and tuning of the China Material Irradiation Facility RFQ, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, 2018, 890: 43-50.
9. Y. Huang, H. Wang, R. A. Rimmer, S. Wang, J. Guo. Ultrafast harmonic rf kicker design and beam dynamics analysis for an energy recovery linac based electron circulator cooler ring. Physical Review Accelerators and Beams. 19(8),084201(2016).
10. Y. Huang, H. Wang, R. A. Rimmer, S. Wang, J. Guo. Multiple harmonic frequencies resonant cavity design and half-scale prototype measurements for the fast kicker in JLEIC. Physical Review Accelerators and Beams. 19(12),122001(2016).
11. Lei Yang, Liang Lu, Zhouli Zhang et al., Design and optimization of a novel bent-vane type radio frequency quadrupole, PHYSICAL REVIEW ACCELERATORS AND BEAMS, 23, 021301 (2020).
12. Wang Ruoxu，Teng Tan，Yuan He et al., Niobium-316L Stainless Steel Transition Joints for Superconducting Radiofrequency Cavities by Explosive Welding, Rare Metal Materials and Engineering, 2019, 48(12):3867-3822.
13. Ruoxu Wang, Teng Tan, Yuan He et al., The Interface Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Niobium-316L Stainless Steel Explosivel Welded Composite Plate，journal of materials engineering and perofmance, 29, pages1113–1123(2020).
14. Y. Huang, et al.Superconducting elliptical cavities developed in IMP for the CIADS. IPAC2019, Melbourne, Australia.
15. Y.Huang, L.Chen, Y.Li, S.Zhang, Y.H.,(#)Design and Optimization of Medium and High Beta Superconducting Elliptical Cavities for the CW Linac in CIADS, 18th International Conference on RF Superconductivity (SRF2017), 2017.7.17-2017.7.21,Lanzhou,China.
16. Y. Huang, H. Wang, R. A. Rimmer, S. Wang. Harmonic resonant kicker design for the MEIC electron circular cooler ring. Proc. of 6th International Particle Accelerator Conference.2015.
17. Y. Huang, H. Wang, R. A.Rimmer, S. Wang, J. Guo. Ultra-fast harmonic resonant kicker design for the MEIC electron circular cooler ring. Proc. of 56th ICFA Advanced Beam Dynamics Workshop on Energy Recovery Linacs.20.
18. Y. Huang, H. Wang, R. A. Rimmer, S. Wang. Taper and tuner scheme of a multi-frequency cavity for the fast kicker resonator in MEIC electron circular cooler ring. Proc. of COOL’15 Workshop on Beam Cooling and Related Topics.2015.9.28-2015.10.2，Newportnews,VA,USA,2015.
19. Y. Huang, R. A. Rimmer, H. Wang, S. Wang. Beam Dynamics Analysis for the Ultra-fast Kicker in Circular Cooler Ring of JLEIC. In Proc. of 7th International Particle Accelerator Conference (IPAC'16), Busan, Korea, May 8-13, 2016 2016 Jun (pp. 510-513). JACOW, Geneva, Switzerland.
20. Y. Huang, H. Wang, R. A.Rimmer, S. Wang, J. Guo. Bench Measurements of a Multi-Frequency Prototype Cavity for the Fast Kicker in the JLEIC Circulator Cooler Ring. In Proc. of 2016 North American Particle Accelerator Conference (NAPAC16).Chicago,USA.
21. T He, L Lu, L Yang et al., The Multi-Physics Analysis of a Dual-Beam Linac, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, Volume 1401, Heavy Ion Accelerator Technology 2018 22–26 October 2018, Lanzhou, China.
22. Liang Lu, Tao He, Lei Yang et al., Design and Beam Commissioning of LEAF-RFQ, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, Volume 1401, Heavy Ion Accelerator Technology 2018 22–26 October 2018, Lanzhou, China.
23. Tao He, Liang Lu, Wei Ma et al., Studying A Prototype Of Dual-beam Drift Tube Linac IPAC2018, TUPAL009.
24. Liang Lu, Chaochao Xing, Tao He, Lei Yang, Study on A HOM type buncher, Heavy Ion Accelerator Technology 2018, 1401 (2020) 012028.
25. Liang Lu, Chaochao Xing, Tao He, Lei Yang, Design and low power test preparing aprototype HOM linac, 10th International Particle Accelerator Conference, 1350 (2019) 012082.
26. Chaochao Xing, Liang Lu, Lei Yang, Tao He, NEW TYPE OF INJECTOR FOR CANCER THERAPY, Heavy Ion Accelerator Technology 2018.
27. X.Xu, L.Lu, W.Ma et al., THE MULTI-PHYSICS ANALYSIS OF LEAF RFQ, LINAC2018, Beijing, China, THPO051, 2226-0366.
Mailing Address: 509 Nanchang Road, Lanzhou, 730000, China
Mailing Address: 509 Nanchang Road, Lanzhou, 730000, China