Electron accelerator center is dedicated to advanced electron accelerator physics and technology research, and applied accelerator development and promotion.
For the advanced electron accelerator physics and technology research, it mainly includes electron linac studies, high energy electron radiography technology (HEER) and application, high beam quality and average beam current injectors, and energy recovery linac and recirculate linac studies. The center has undertaken and achieved many projects supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China, Ministry of Science and Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences and local government and so on. Currently, a 50 MeV linac is under operation for HEER and linac experimental studies. Some achievements have been reported in the domestic and international conferences.
For the applied accelerators development and promotion, it aims for industry application. At present, the electrostatic high voltage electron accelerator (DG series) has been successfully developed and industrialized. Now, the electron curtain accelerator, recirculating coaxial resonator cavity electron accelerator and high voltage electrostatic ion accelerator are under development.
The center has made good collaboration with ANL(USA), DESY(Germany) and KEK(Japan) on projects and education.
Currently, there are fifteen members in the center, including 3 researchers and 5 associate researchers. Among them, there are 5 with PhD degrees. Also, there are five graduate students.
1. Electron linear accelerator physics and technology
2. High energy electron radiography technology and application
3. High beam quality and average current electron injector
4. Energy recovery linac and recirculate linear accelerator
5. High voltage technology for accelerator
6. Accelerators for industry application
1. Experimental proof test of CW mode RF modulated grid-controlled thermionic electron gun. Nuclear Inst. and Methods in Physics Research, A 1021 (2022) 165958.
2. Multi-parameters optimization and matching analysis simulation studies of the linac for high-energy electron radiography. Nuclear Inst. and Methods in Physics Research, A 1020 (2021) 165905.
3. 2Demonstration of high energy electron radiography with sub-micron spatial resolution. Nuclear Inst. and Methods in Physics Research, A 1015 (2021) 165769.
Experimental Demonstration of the Three-Dimensional High Energy Electron Radiography. Acta Physica Sinica. 2021, 70(18): 184204. doi:10.7498/aps.70.20210686
4. Three-Dimensional High-Energy Electron Radiography Method for Static Mesoscale Samples Diagnostics, Appl. Sci. 2019, 9(18), 3764
5. Design and simulation of a LINAC for high energy electron radiography research, Nuclear Inst. and Methods in Physics Research, A 911 (2018) 74–78.
6. Generation of uniform transverse beam distributions for high-energy electron radiography. Laser and Particle Beams 1–10. Volume 36, Issue 3September 2018, pp. 313-322.
7. Areal density and spatial resolution of high energy electron radiography. Chinese Physics B,2018,27(03):325-330.
8. High energy electron radiography system design and simulation study of beam angle-position correlation and aperture effect on the images. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A 832 (2016) 144–15.
9. Development of a high current short pulse electron gun. Nuclear Science and Techniques,2014,25(03):45-48.
10. Electric field simulation and measurement of a pulse line ion accelerator. Chinese Physics C,2012,36(07):661-665.